Title: National Council for Palliative Care launches its End of Life Care Manifesto
Follow this link for press release.
Follow this link for the Manifesto.
Date of publication: January 2010
Publication type: Press Release and Manifesto
In a nutshell: As numbers of people dying in the United Kingdom are set to rise by 17% over the next 20 years the NCPC predicts a long-term crisis if services and staff training aren’t redesigned and improved. The manifesto calls for 5 key actions:
1. Full implementation of the EoLC Strategy
2. Strong political leadership and commitment.
3. Implementation of comprehensive out-of-hours services.
4. Training in palliative and end of life care to be core curriculum.
5. Equip the population to discuss these issues.
Length of publication: Press Release 3 pages. Manifesto 6 pages.