Source: Welsh Assembly Government
Follow this link for fulltext
Date of publication: March 2011
Publication type: Report
In a nutshell: This report highlights the progress of the work of the Palliative Care Implementation board in Wales over a 3 year period. Progress includes:
- Wales-wide full-time access to specialist palliative care
- adequate funding for hospices providing specialist palliative care on behalf of the NHS
- provision of training within primary care teams focussing on clinical skills and referrals
- development of an electronic patient information system
- systematic capture of patients’ feedback which is used to improve services.
2010-11 ringfenced funding of £6.888 million will be maintained for 2011-12.
Length of publication: 33 pages
Acknowledgement: National End of Life Care Programme website.