Source: International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 2011,17 (6), p.294-300
Follow this link for fulltext
Date of publication: June 2011
Publication type: Review, Article
In a nutshell: The objective of this critical review was to investigate what patients’ priorities are when facing the end of life. A methodical and explicit search was made of academic databases to identify key articles. These articles were then critically appraised and the data was extracted and anylsed using an appropriate methodology. Findings showed that patients wanted:
• to understand and accept their changing health status
• to retain some normality in life
• to be supported by friends and family
• to know they will be taken care of after the death
• good and trusting relationships with health professionals.
Length of publication: 7 pages
Some important notes:
Some important notes: Please contact your local NHS Library for the full text of the article. Follow this link to find your local NHS Library.